Monday, July 23, 2007

A Magical Confluence of Events...

...Or else, just call it a lucky coincidence.

And by that I mean, the *exact* day when all five children are leaving the house for almost a week (the four oldest heading to camp either to attend or to lead, the youngest off on a vacation of his own to his grandparents' house) is also the *same* day that the final Harry Potter book is released.

Oh, and did I mention that we pre-ordered *two* copies? Let's do the math for a moment. TWO copies of the book, and TWO people home to read it. Throw in a bottle of Kahlua and a take out pizza, and it makes for a supremely long and enjoyable evening.

Now, it *did* take me twenty-five hours to finish the book, but bear in mind that I worked for eight of those and slept for six more, so that's not too bad, all things considered.

Oh, and the book itself was terribly enjoyable. I'll revisit it again at more leisurely pace when I read it to the kiddies over the next month or so.

Just at a slower and less magical pace.

7 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear man, 5 kids and you and the wife have the house to yourself probably for the first time in eons....and you two read Harry Potter!!!!!! Did you at least read it in the buff?
Shauna

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Well, if I'm not going to answer *that* question, I'm *certainly* not going to tell you what I used to turn the pages!

(But trust me, I have an entirely new respect for paper cuts now)

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visuals........killing......brain......ohhhhhh.....lolol.
S.

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your mother read your blog???

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Um, yes, I believe she does...

but not the comments! ;)

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Shig said...

Ugh, I am sooo jealous. My copy, well, my daughter's copy, is at camp with her and will be for many more weeks!!!!!And I'm too cheap to buy a 2nd copy.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Shig said...

And when I say that I'm jealous, perhaps I should add that I didn't read the other comments BEFORE writing mine. Sorry bout the paper cuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home