Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The "EXICTMENT" Continues To Build...

I've always been a stickler for spelling, proofreading, and related activities.

Yes, I KNOW that many of you are not. Sorry.

However, even those of you who favour 'creative' spelling would probably agree:

Shouldn't you proofread marketing campaign advertisements BEFORE putting them on bus shelters, billboards and the like? ESPECIALLY if the word with the typo is designed to be one of the most prominent words in the ad?

Behold what I discovered this weekend while humping cake and presents in and out of the local sports facility for a kids' party:




I just *had* to take a picture.

And I'm sure that the Head Shoppe people were very "exicted" to see their advertising dollars at work.

Unless they didn't notice. Yet.

3 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG!!!

I read it as excited, but that's how the human brain works. The copy people should be punished severely.

S.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't catch it the first time either. And I was looking for a mistake. Funny.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Robin said...

After I posted this image, I went to the company's website and sent them a link. They sent me a very polite and corporate response that said this:

"Hi Robin:

First, let me thank you for pointing this error out to us. It was a huge disappointment that we did not pick up on this prior to the image being printed and installed. The "It's You" campaign was a great experience for us and our clients and although we do make every effort to do things right sometimes mistakes are made. It is unfortunate because it is not an accurate reflection of who we are and what we are about. Our clients, associates, branding and image are very important to us so immediately after being notified of this typo by you we took the necessary steps to get this fixed. This image was scheduled to come down this week and moved to another location which will still happen but prior to it being put back up we will correct the spelling mistake.

Again, thank you for your email it was greatly appreciated."

So I guess they *hadn't* noticed yet... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home