Wednesday, February 15, 2006

BAT-a-TAT-TAT

OK, so there I was yesterday. I realized that my birthday was approaching... Friday, in fact. And I didn't have a tattoo design since I had to abandon my overly grandiose idea.

But an idea had been percolating in my brain for days. Sometimes my best work is done as background processing.

So I sat down at the computer, and in less than half an hour I had it. Had a couple of variations too, but one was my clear favourite. Printed them out the proper size, and they still looked ok.

Ran them by a few select people, and almost without exception they confirmed that my favourite was the right one to go with. It's nice and basic but iconic, and it carries all the things I want it to. Also, it's my own design, which I really wanted to do. I didn't want one that someone else has, or someone else made up.

I took it to the tattoo artist, who agreed that it could be done, although possibly one small area might need enlarging to preserve the detail. Which is fine.

So they asked if I wanted to book an appointment.

Um.

"Yes," I said. "Hm... Thursday?"

4 pm.

So there we have it. My birthday is on Friday, and tomorrow, on the last day of my thirties, I will be decorating myself in a permanent manner.

Wish me luck. If I can, I'll have my cohort (she who wants her *own* tattoo) with me to capture the occasion.

Gulp.

Um, scratch that. I mean... Whoo-hoo!

Gulp.

Well, at least I'm sure it won't be as bad as the kidney transplant surgery.

Whoo-hoo.

*****************************************************

(and if all else fails, I can always switch to the "Elmer Fudd butt" design...)

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

It's fun! If there was another symbol i wanted stuck to me for the rest of my life, i would totally do it again!

Goodluck! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Can't wait to hear what you've finally settled on. Almost ANYTHING would be better than the Elmer-butt thing!
Hh

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a moment, I thought that was a picture of YOUR tattoo. Then I re-read the last few lines and my heart started beating again. I feel better now. Hope yours turns out OK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home