Thursday, February 02, 2006

I Gotta Score Me Some Coke...


Last week, someone recommended that I consider reducing my caffeine intake. OK, well, it was my wife. Duh. My own personal health fairy.

But she does have a point. Between Coke and coffee, my sugar and caffeine intake is pretty substantial.

So I decided to stop drinking Coke. I considered cutting out coffee, but only in the same way I would consider cutting out my liver. Which is, very briefly. And I figure that my children have a lot going for them in life, so it wouldn't suit them to be dead. Which they would be in the mornings if I wasn't drinking coffee. Ummmm... that sweet, sweeeeet, hot coffeeeeeee.......

Where was I?

Oh, right. Coke. So I decided to stop drinking it.

I've done this in the past, but not with a great deal of long term success. I think that's because my health fairy would say things like, "You should be drinking water." And let's just say that water is a substitute for Coke in about the same way that a good firm handshake is a substitute for sex.

So, I tried a 'step-down' program to non-caffeinated beverages. I've dabbled in Sprite and Orange Crush. I've even done the Dew. And they've all helped. A bit.

But today, I'm having trouble.

I want Coke.

Not like, "Gee, it would be nice to have a drink of Coke."

More like, "GRAAARHGGHHHHH!!! HULK WANT COKE!!!!"

But I'm sure it will pass.

After all, I'm a *pillar* of self-control.

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I tried givin gup coke in the summer. it was alright at first but then I started waking up in the middle of the nights with cravings for coke. So, I just gave in and had the coke. Its not so bad

 
At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck... i have a massive addiction to diet coke and i have tried more than once to stop but it's just never gonna happen... ps. the dew has caffene... alot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home