Saturday, January 28, 2006

Beaver Fever


This afternoon was tiring.

Remember I mentioned that I'm a Beaver leader? Well, this afternoon was "WinterFest", which gathered six different Beaver colonies into one outside space and let them run wild.

I was in charge of one of the six activity stations, which each of the different colonies rotated through in consecutive order. Anyone asleep yet?

I spent the afternoon taking a long rope with a salad spoon tied on the end, and 'stringing' the beavers together (thread the spoon up one cuff of the child's winter jacket, up the sleeve, and down out the other sleeve... add the next beaver, and repeat the process until they are all attached). Then I would make them try and throw balls into a basket, and watch the hilarity ensue. Sometimes it actually *was* fairly amusing. They all seemed to have fun.

So, yes, it was tiring, but it was worth it for the benefit of the kids.

And...

After all...

Lots of people know this about me....

You can ask my wife, even, and I'm sure she'll agree that...

I'd do just about anything for a little Beaver.


***

Ba-da-bump! Thank you, thank you, ladies and gentlemen, I'm here all week. Try the veal.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Shig said...

No comments! How could no one comment on this? I have no comment. Other than this: why do you Canadians have a picture of the queen on one side of your nickel and a beaver on the other? Thanks and keep the day job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home