Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's Fresh, Fresh, Exciting... It's So Exciting to Me...

Ok, I'm in full geek mode right now. COMPUTER geek mode, for clarification, since my geekability straddles several levels of geekitude.

My wife noticed that some of the cool blogs out there had a way of classifying their posts by category or topic. She indicated to me that she would like to have something like that on her blog. More specifically, she actually wanted me to figure it out and do it for her. I'm the geek. That's my job.

SO... faced with a new challenge, I dove right in. Today, instead of doing *anything* around the house (with the exception of child maintenance... and I must admit that Dora the Explorer even helped out with that a bit too)... I spent hours researching and rolling out a really cool little blog helper called "FreshTags". It uses an interesting website called del.icio.us which does "social bookmarking."

Anyway, look over on my sidebar! You can click the drop-down menu and see all the different categories I assigned to my posts! Select a topic, and then it lists all the posts associated with it! "Unmentionables" is my favourite.

Isn't that cool?

Isn't it?

Well, *I* think it's cool. Remember, I'm easily amused.

Oh, and I must remember to set it up on my wife's blog now. Since that was the original point. Must not forget. That would be bad. Very bad.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Hello Robin,

Found you via the FreshTags blogroll - looking good! Since you mentioned that "unmentionables" was your favourite, I was going to suggest setting defs="unmentionables"; in your FreshTags definition section. This would mean that your "unmentionables" would be aired by default (ie if the reader hasn't selected a tag).

Then I looked at some of your unmentionable content and ... it's probably not a good idea :-)

As for blinklist, I heartily recommend checking them out. Unfortunately, you'll still need to use del.icio.us for FreshTags to work. But I hope that soon blinklist will let users build add-ons like FreshTags with their service too.

Cheers,

-Greg. (FreshTags wrangler)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

A blogfriend of mine (www.openswitch.org) is into all that geek-stuff. Check out his use of them.

Hh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home