Saturday, February 04, 2006

Volleyballed!!

Before I begin the main part of today's post, please enjoy another picture of... well... me. (Hey, it's *my* blog, ok?? I love me and this is the best way to prove it to myself!) Here I am with my high school volleyball team, 1982 or 83.



I'm in the back row, third from the left. In case you couldn't pick me out, what with that full head of rich, luxurious hair. (snif)

Ok, now that you're in the volleyball mood, let's proceed:


Played in a volleyball tournament today. Have been doing this more or less monthly since November.

Had a lot of fun. We all clicked well. While we haven't made it to the playoffs in any of the previous tournaments I played, this time we made it all the way to the semi-finals and lost a very close match which would have put us in the finals.

However. One more thing of note.

Let's do a little of what I call "volleyball tournament math."

There were twelve teams. Six players per team. Some might have seven or eight, but let's not quibble.

So how many is that? Six times twelve is... seventy-two.

Seventy-two individual volleyball players.

So...

Of ALL those competitors...

How many do you think got hit in the nads by a volleyball??

One.

Guess who.

DO I HAVE A FRIGGIN' NEON SIGN ON MY B*LLS THAT FLASHES REPEATEDLY, "PLEASE HIT ME HERE... PLEASE HIT ME HERE... PLEASE HIT ME HERE... "???

One would think so.

Yes, there I was, doing the earthworm crawl on the volleyball court. Using my arms to propel my body since my legs chose not to.

But everybody had a good chuckle. So, at the very least, it's nice to provide a little light entertainment.

Just like this blog. (wink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home