Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Arise, Lord Tater

Did I ever mention that I'm not exactly the poster child for impulse control? Especially where toys are concerned.

That being said, I've been pretty good about not going crazy buying stuff for my kids except for birthdays and special occasions.

Today, however, was another story.

I was in the comic book store buying my regular comics. My four-year-old son was, as usual, my travelling companion.

Now, this store is really cool. It's filled with cool toys and games. It's a hard place for a kid to enter, then leave empty-handed. Usually I try to make sure whoever's with me at least gets a comic, or some other little freebie or ultra-low-cost item.

However, after my son had glommed onto a $45 dollar lightsaber, which I told him in no uncertain terms we *weren't* getting (seeing as we have half a dozen lightsabers at home as it is), I said to him, "Let's look around to see if there's something small..." At which point, he tells me, "I KNOW WHAT!!! DARTH MR. POTATO HEAD!!!",and *flies* around the corner to show me, high above his head...

Darth Tater.

I look at it. Man, I remember reading about this toy. Had never actually *seen* one anywhere. Fifteen bucks.

What else could I do? Take a look at this, and tell me if the smile *alone* isn't worth fifteen dollars:




Plus, the toy *is* really cool. ;)

3 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I think you could use him as a Mastercard commercial....

Darth Tater Toy- $15
Look on the 4yr old's face: Priceless

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger caramaena said...

My partner has one of those in his office. We also found a storm trooper spud last weekend to match.

Love the smile too :)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Shig said...

We love Darth Tater! My husband bought one for himself and one for his brother. And now a stormtrooper one. I must find it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home