Friday, April 28, 2006

Audio Killed the Blogio Star

Holy Crap. That was brutal.

Did you listen to that audio blog I did yesterday?

I haven't listened to it. I'm afraid it would make me want to take a sharp stick and poke out my eardrums.

First off, I don't know anybody who likes their own voice. But let me tell you, when in your own brain you think you're kind of smooth and suave like George Clooney, and then evidence to the contrary proves that you're a combination of Jim "Ernest Goes to Camp" Varney and Thumper from "Bambi"... well, let's just say it's a bit of a comedown.

Next thing, for a 30 second (or whatever) sound clip, it took me eleven minutes to do! I kept re-recording it, mostly due to the PAUSE, then the PROFANITY, and then the PROFANITY because I just used PROFANITY!

It went something like this:

"Hello internet!"


(Unscheduled pause).........."Sh*t!"

Then, once I realize I said "sh*t", I say, "f*ck!"

THEN, I'm paranoid that I'll hit the wrong button and accidently post this clip of me cursing!

Not only that, I got tongue-tied so many times it wasn't funny! You know, difficult words like "Hello." (which would lead to the profanity, and then the profane response to the initial profanity. It was a vicious cycle).

The weird thing is that I don't mind speaking in public at all. But *here*, where I can't look people in the eye and give them a wink, I turn into a blithering idiot.

However, on the PLUS side, I think I lost about two pounds.

In pure sweat.

So, my advice to potential audiobloggers:

Don't.

No really, my advice is "write it down first." TRUST me on this one.

So there you go. I'll never audioblog again.

... but I wonder if I can use my webcam to make a videoblog?

Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Mom101 said...

I checked out the audioblog and let me say, I can't believe it wasn't Jim Varney there. Really. The resemblance is astounding. I swear, if you had said, "Hey Vern" I'd have sent this link to like fifty-seven friends because the idea of that guy blogging from the dead is just the kind of thing that demands to be forwarded on.

Thanks for the kind comment at my place and for showing me the way back here. Five kids--I'm still reeling over that one.

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice title. makes me kind of want to cry.

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so let me tell you... i will most likely never audioblog... but the next best thing is that i am now the recorded voice that anyone who calls the barnes and noble in bozeman montana gets to hear... i did write it down first... and i still had to re-record it at least 8 times... oh well... such is life...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home