Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Womb-mates and Funky Chickens

Well, my boy and girl twins are 9 today. They are charming, funny, smart, independent children and I would not trade them for the world.

However, as a message for parents and potential parents:

Having twins is, for the first couple of years, like having a bomb dropped into your life.

I thought going from one kid to two kids was tough. Well, going from two kids to four is, by comparison, really, really, really, really, really, really tough.

But you *do* master the one-armed baby scoop pretty quickly, since you need to do it with each arm. (And no jokes about one-armed babies! ;)

However, and I can say this from experience, if you go back to having kids one-at-a-time after that, it's a piece of cake. I remember saying to my wife, "Ok, now you hold him. Whoo-hoo." And then I'd do a little happy dance.

***********************************************

On totally another topic: I think I might need to add another album to my list of favourite albums... and this one's a little wonky:

Philadelphia Chickens.



No, really. It's an album of music for kids, by Sandra Boynton and a talented crew of musical collaborators, and it's really good.

I mean, I burned a copy to keep in the car for when driving with the kiddies... and now I find that I listen to it even when I'm by myself!

If you have small kids, get this album. It came out as a book and cd first, but you can get it just as a cd now too. Trust me. Just do it. Have I ever lead you astray before?

4 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Happy B-Day to the tousins. I've been looking for that CD for years. Now I know I've got to bite the bullet and order it online. Thanks for the review!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Yeah, well, that's not a bad thing. We bought it spontaneously at Chapters last week... and then I looked it up on Chapters Online site, and it was eight bucks cheaper!! Aargh.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Shig said...

Awe, cute babies. My husband things having twins is "neat" but I think I'll pass. One at a time is plenty.

p.s. pisforpooter.blogspot.com might have some cute baby pics...since you've shared your kids with us.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Having twins is *exceptionally* neat... it's just also very... um... busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home