Monday, May 01, 2006

Somebody Help Me!! My Booty Won't Stop Shaking!!

OK, *this* one I definitely didn't see coming.

Every person in my family... from the four-year-old through the sixteen-year old, then right up to poor old forty-year-old me (and including my not *yet* forty-year-old wife) has joined the revolution.

The Dance Dance Revolution to be exact.

Last week, my nine-year-olds had a pocket full of birthday money. After much deliberation (ie. wandering the aisles of Wal-Mart), they decided to pool their money for a new game for their Gamecube.

Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix.

I *immediately* knew that something was up when we returned home with the game, and the teenage girl excitedly blurts out, "EEEEK!!! D.D.R.!!!!"

It's a game that comes with a "dance pad" that sits on the floor and attaches to your gamecube. You stand on it, and "dance" by following the cues on the screen, tapping different spots on the pad with your feet.

So basically, everyone in the house with the word "kid" somewhere in their description has some proficiency with the thing. They even add in extra little arm moves and stuff. They really groove.

Those of us with the word "old" in our description don't seem to be taking to it quite so easily... we look kind of like we're battling an ant infestation, and trying to stomp all the ants at once. In fact, just a few minutes ago I was trying to improve my score on "Rendevous on Ice" set on 'easy' level. I lost the rhythm for a few moments, and could clearly hear joyful guffaws coming from the direction of my teenage daughter. Boy, I can't *wait* until *she's* forty!

All in all, though, it's surprising how fun the thing is. Also, it's pretty good exercise.

I'm thinking I might need to get one of those home defibrillators, and teach the kids how to use it. ("Oh no!! Dad was using the DDR set on "hard"! CLEAR!!!!" BZZZOWWRRNNKKKKK!!)

Yeah, well, maybe I'll just leave it set on "easy" and save myself the money...

5 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Fun! You just need a disco ball and you can have a little dance party!d

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Boy! Can we come over?????

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaha.

ZZZTTTTTTT

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Shig said...

Oh my God! My older daughter would be totally jealous and want to come up to Canada just to play it(like we don't have any around here!)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Yeah, come on up. *Everything's* more fun in Canada! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home