Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Scar Wars

Movies are my weakness. Superman had kryptonite, some people have shoes, but I have movies.

Somehow, although money is as tight as it has ever been, I have still managed in the last two weeks to purchase the two dvd's that have consumed my attention: Batman Begins, and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The latter movie is the subject of today's post.

I haven't even cracked the plastic wrapper yet (though I anticipate doing so about 30 seconds after finishing this post) but already I have a question:

Where's Anakin's scar?

Through the whole movie, Anakin Skywalker has a prominent scar which comes down through his left eye and into his cheek. I think it illustrates the battles he has been through, and even foreshadows his descent into the Dark Side.

However, on the cover of the dvd, he doesn't have a scar.

Why not? (Oh, and if your response is "Who cares?", I suspect you're in the majority... but I digress)

I mean, someone must have decided to remove his scar, I just don't see the reason.

Oh well. It's a question for the ages I guess.

I'll try not to lay awake wondering about it. But if I do, maybe I should wake up my wife and ask her opinion. Ha ha. "Hey honey, wake up. Why do you think they removed Anakin's scar on the cover of the new Star Wars dvd?" BAM. No more staying awake problems. I'd be instantly unconscious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home