Thursday, May 04, 2006

FIRE!!

Today was a big day at my four-year-old's preschool.

It was Fire Department Visit day.

The crew from the local fire department came up, gave the kids a talk and an equipment show-and-tell, and let them see and climb onto their big fire truck. At the end, the got a visit from "Sparky" the fire safety dog (ie. a guy in a big dog suit) who left them fire safety certificates.

Clearly it made a big impression on my son:

As soon as we got home at lunch time, he asked if he could watch "Emergency" (the old tv show that my wife and I watch on dvd).

I had to put his fire department tattoo on his arm right away. (That's my boy... just like his dad)

He is wearing the red fire helmet he got from them, along with the red 'fireman cow' t-shirt he dressed in just for the occasion today, and red pants from our dress-up box. And he's been playing "firefighter" all day.



So, do think this is shaping his future career plans, or what? Well, in any case, it's pretty cute.

***************************************
(Now that I think of it, it's too bad I didn't have someone like him around back when I had that fire in my pants.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home